Segem Consulting offers Website Translation Services, from Korean to English and from English to Korean.
Like software, websites and HTML documents should be designed and developed with Korean language support in mind. Korean translation of websites implies developing the site content to simplify hosting and displaying of Korean localized information. This applied to graphics, placement of text, and local content.
Because website internationalization is very much integrated with localization (translation), the process of publishing websites in Korean language is usually referred to as website globalization. A well globalized and internationalized website allows Korean localization services to focus on translating the content, as opposed to processing wide range of complex file formats and types.
If you company is not ready for simple Korean translation because of the problems mentioned above, we can help you in terms of optimizing your website for translation.
In short, our website localization process can be summarized as follow;
- Choose a website platform, server, and software palette that supports Korean language.
- Evaluate the site architecture to determine what should be changed to facilitate the localization process - Korean to English translation and English to Korean translation.
- Identify which parts of the site can be translated and which parts must be rewritten specific for South Korea – local content versus global content.
- Create a bilingual website structure or content database with language folders and navigation system.
- Choose a toolset, for example combining a bilingual content management system with tracking tools and translation memory.
- Develop a site upload and maintenance plan.
After these initial steps, Segem Consulting starts to translate the website content, or create Korean content.
It is not unusual website changing frequently, both from a content and design perspective. Web pages are often generated dynamically using templates, scripts, and databases. Maintaining website in English and Korean at the same time can be tedious process if it is not well thought-out from the beginning.
For more information on multilingual website development, visit Localization and Internationalization web page from the World Wide Web Consortium at www.w3c.org/international.